Monday, November 20, 2017
Arrangements have been made for us to meet from 10 o’clock onwards for tea or coffee at The Dancing Man, Wool House, Town Quay, SO14 2AL. The Wool House also has a frontage to Bugle Street where there is metre parking and is situated some 40/50 metres to the left of the Memorial. I shall be pleased to see you there.
- 11:00 am Welcome by myself, Bob Hucklesby
- NFFWRA standard and RAF Standard Bearers take up position either side of Memorial
- A short introduction / address by David Adcock, BBC Radio Solent Padre
- The Exhortation by Walter Tuttlebee
- The Kohima Epitaph by Kenneth Dyke
- The Fepow Prayer by myself
- The Last Post by Neil Doherty
- The Silence
- The children from nearby St John’s Primary School to lay the wreaths, which they have made.
- Ann Whiteside’s wreath, NFFWRA wreath, Repatriation wreath will be laid.
- Planting of Crosses
- Will be able to return to The Dancing Man
Directions to The Dancing Man. from Town Quay if arriving from the M271 or the A35. Take the main road, which passes the docks and industry on your right, and carry on past the roundabout to the next set of traffic lights. Almost immediately on your left is a large white historic building. It is on the corner of Bugle Street with The Dancing Man on the other. That means you turn left immediately after passing through the traffic lights.
To proceed to French Street continue along Bugle Street at the end of which you have to turn right, then about40 metres on turn right and French Street is in front of you but you have to cross the main road to enter it. Both Bugle and French streets have metre parking.